The municipalities in DeKalb County will continue hosting routine electronics recycling collections in 2013, according to the DeKalb County Health Department.
Collections for 2012 have concluded. Beginning in 2013 Sycamore’s site will be located at the Public Works building rather than the DeKalb County Farm Bureau.
Contact the municipality for additional questions regarding these collections or to verify a particular date.
Acceptable items include the following. The contractor reserves the right to limit quantities.
• Any object that plugs into a wall outlet or has a battery
• Phones (cell or landline)
• Satellite receivers
• VCRs and DVD players
• Cardboard and plastic containers and/or packaging materials
• Batteries-all types
• Scrap metal
• Tube TVs/CRT monitors
• Flat screen monitors
The schedule for 2013 is:
• DeKalb city lot 3, at the corner of Grove and South Fourth streets – 9 to 11 a.m. on the first Saturday of each month
• Genoa City Hall east lot – 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of each month
• Sandwich Fairgrounds – 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. on the second Saturday of each month
• Sycamore Public Works Building, 475 N. Cross St. – 9 to 11 a.m. on the third Saturday of each month
• Waterman city lot on Route 30 – 9 to 11 a.m. on the fourth Saturday of even-numbered months only (February, April, June, August, October, December)