Visitors to ComEd’s Facebook page this summer can win backstage-access experiences at some of the top cultural and civic institutions in northern Illinois.
Prizes will be given away each week. Participants can enter every day for that week’s prize by clicking the Coolest Summer Ever link on ComEd’s Facebook page and answering trivia questions about programs offered to ComEd customers.
Until June 30, people can enter to win 10 skybox tickets to a White Sox game and a chance to change the bases during the fifth inning. Next week’s prize is two tickets to see the Chicago Children’s Choir, Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Elgin Symphony Orchestra, Grant Park Music Festival, Merit School of Music, Old Town School of Folk Music, Ravinia, Rialto Square Theatre and Rockford Symphony Orchestra.
Remaining prizes are:
• July 8-14: six-person pontoon ride at the Chicago Botanical Garden and a fishing/camping experience at Morton Arboretum
• July 15-21: 10-person architecture boat tour on Chicago’s First Lady and tour of the private Kemper building observation deck
• July 22-28: behind-the-scenes tours for eight at Brookfield and Lincoln Park zoos, including a chance to feed a giraffe at Brookfield Zoo and a rhino encounter at Lincoln Park Zoo
• July 29-Aug. 4: two tickets to see the American Blues Theater, Black Ensemble Theatre, Chicago Children’s Theatre, Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, Goodman Theatre, House Theatre, Lookingglass Theatre, Northlight Theatre, Steppenwolf Theatre, Victory Gardens Theatre and Silk Road Rising
• Aug. 5-11: lunch with an Adler Planetarium astronomer and private tour of the Doane Observatory
• Aug. 12-18: a penguin party for 10 at Shedd Aquarium
• Aug. 19-25: private tour, dinner and “secret items” show-and-tell for 10 people at the Field Museum
• Aug. 26-Sept. 1: 10 skybox tickets to a Cubs game and chance to throw out the first pitch
Find more information at comed.com/coolestsummer.